Monday, April 5, 2010

5 April 2010

Mom, i hate to tell you, but President Uchtdorf’s talk didn’t have much affect here in Peru because if you have an old 20 dollar bill, no one accepts it. It just made me laugh as we heard that because all the gringos here have a bunch of old dollar bills that they can’t use here (I do too) because if a bill is old, scarred, has a little rip, is faded, or too crumpled up, its not worth anything here in Peru. I still got a wad of fives that I’m waiting to use when I get back to the states.
Ya, I’ll call up the office in a few days to see if it got there, but now that Elder Hales is getting out of the office I don’t have the inside man anymore. I’ll sure miss that, but we’ll see what happens.
Anyways, I'll tell you a little bit about one of our recent baptisms, her name is Lizdian Salas. A member introduced us and we started teaching, she had some really interesting questions and we answered them all relatively well, she got really involved when we left her a video about how families can be forever (Camino a Casa). And just today we went to do a service project with her mom. They don't live together because the house fell over when the river went up so high (she now lives with her member friend). And obviously because she doesn't have a real house anymore and there was just mounds of adobe everywhere, we went to help out with that. We just leveled everything out and put up a fence, but seeing how big the whole was, it was a lot of work. And now we're one step closer to baptizing the family because she promised us that she would come to church this week without exception and she would bring her son too. They already accepted baptismal dates because they really enjoyed seeing Lizdian's baptism. They just need to go to church a few times and they might be able to get baptized this month. Her mom's name is Marina and her brother's name is Boris. Pray for them to help us out.
Oh, and as to my health, don't worry, I'm fine, and the two baptisms were totally worth it.

Love you guys