Friday, September 18, 2009

August 2009

A whole months worth of emails from Elder Huntington - Editor

Ya, so Calder, I'd probably go with Clara or Harley (Coulson's 1st niece and our 1st granddaughter and now they are thinking Piper as well-Ed) . And ya, so i had my first argument with my companion this week, which was weird because i realized that i could actually argue in Spanish, and again because we had to argue. Its not what i ever thought that I would experience in the mission. but ya, i'm taking Dallin's advice whole heartedly about that 'if you're gonna laugh about it later, laugh about it now' thing. So almost all of the time i have a smile on my face and i think he resents me even more for that. I have no idea what to do about this whole situation, but i figure if its only for about 3 more weeks, i can deal. I never really had to try to test my patience before, but right now i'm definitely feeling would i would call growing pains. - (Coulson is so mellow that we have a hard time trying to figure out how come someone would not get along with him, now has a new Companion and things are much better - I almost left this out, and I did leave out some particulars, but this may happen to any missionary - Ed)

As to how my days are, we teach a lot, and its even better when we go on splits because i can actually teach with the spirit, and we almost always meet our daily goals. We find about 20 new investigators every week, but we end up falling through with most of them because my companion doesn't want to follow up. A baptism fell through this week too, i don't exactly know why, but some of the members said that its because he saw Elder Miranda do some things that weren't exactly things that missionaries should do. Hopefully we can save him and a few others, because Daniel, a young fella of about 80 years, has a date on the 29th.

And as for you Jesse (Coulson's sister Becca's new brother in law-ED), enjoy your time the the MTC, i found the best friends in my mission there, and that is way too weird to beleive that there is actually an MTC in Ghana. And don't even worry about the time, it just flies.

Love you all!!!! Just keep on smiling :)

As to what to send in the birthday package, ties are great, cd’s of Disney music would be cool (Aladin and Mulan) and I thank you so much for your support. In these last few weeks I’ve been thinking of Vegas a lot. And if you could, send me a
picture of Vegas too so I can show the pension, they want to see my house and my city.
I love you guys so much. Tell angela I’ll send her a letter soon. Whoo, 20 years old on Saturday!!!!

I got the birthday package and it was amazing! The pension enjoys the music too, and I’ll be able to listen to music next change, so I’m pretty pumped for that. We had 3 baptisms this month. Friday we baptized a young guy that just fell from heaven to be baptized in our ward, and Saturday I baptized the viejito. It was a little difficult to actually do the baptism, but he’s way cool. The members always call him ‘the prophet Daniel’ because he has the white hair and the many many
years.